Albuquerque Estate Administration Attorneys Advise Personal Representatives
New Mexico lawyers assist with the probate process
NM Trust and Probate Law Firm, LLC provides guidance to individuals named as personal representative or executors of estates. We help ensure that you successfully uphold your fiduciary duties.
We can guide you through all aspects of probate and estate administration, including:
- Filing the will with the New Mexico probate court
- Adhering to the Uniform Probate Code requirements
- Developing the best strategy for fairly and expeditiously probating the estate
- Finding and collecting assets
- Dealing with beneficiaries
- Dealing with creditor’s claims
- Closing and opening bank accounts
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Paying estate taxes
- Valuing, managing, preserving and liquidating the estate
- Locating beneficiaries
- Hiring experts, when appropriate
Valuing and managing the estate
We assist executors with the arduous process of collecting, managing, valuing, protecting and liquidating the assets of the estate. When appropriate, We call upon accountants, financial advisors, real estate agents, property managers and other professionals to assist with executor duties. We can access expert opinions about unique assets such as antiques, rare books, automobiles and other collectibles for accurate valuation, management and possible sale.
Contact a thorough estate administration lawyer
NM Trust and Probate Law Firm, LLC serves clients in Albuquerque and throughout New Mexico. Call 505-585-3239 or contact us online to schedule a consultation.